Burin Peninsula Health Care Foundation
Burin Peninsula Trails Challenge.
12 TRAILS. 42KM. APRIL - SEPTEMBER, 2021.
SOCIAL DISTANCING, MADE EASY.
This spring and summer, let's get outside.
The Burin Peninsula Health Care Foundation challenges you to walk, hike, run or stroll the 12 municipal trails on the Burin Peninsula, a grand total of just over 42km, in support of local health care initiatives on the Burin Peninsula. From April to September, challenge yourself, your friends, your co-workers, and your family to participate in our challenge, and enjoy the beautiful trails our region has to offer.
Funds raised during the Burin Peninsula Trails Challenge will support the purchase of a Transport Monitor for the Intensive Care Unit at the Burin Peninsula Health Care Center, which will be used while transporting cardiac patients to our tertiary center in St. John's.
Registration is $40/participant, and includes a brilliant finisher's medal, pictured here, which will be issued to those who successfully complete the challenge of walking all 12 trails. Waive the registration fee by collecting a minimum of $40 in sponsorships. Sponsorship forms are available by contacting us at (709) 891-3456 or emailing [email protected]
There are two, easy ways to register:
Option 1: Register above by clicking "Register Now". E-Transfers of fees and sponsorships accepted at [email protected]
Option 2: Call us at (709) 891-3456, or email [email protected]
Please notify our office once you have successfully completed the challenge to claim your finisher's medal.
For directions and additional information on each trail, simply click the trail name listed below. Our trails include:
1) Cook's Lookout Trail, Burin (4.5km)*. Penney's Pond Road, Burin.
2) Salt Pond Waking Trail, Burin (2.1km). Main Street, Burin.
3) Burin Boardwalk, Burin. (800m)*. Seaview Drive in Heritage Square, Burin.
4) Jane's Pond, Marystown (800m). Harris Drive, Marystown.
5) Landing Place Pond, Marystown. (1.8km). Black Brook, Marystown.
6) Chamber Cove, St. Lawrence. (5.3km)*. Laurentian Avenue, then right on Pollux Crescent, and onto Iron Spring Road, St. Lawrence.
7) Cape Chapeau Rouge, St. Lawrence. (5.3km)*. Laurentian Avenue, then right on Pollux Crescent, and onto Iron Spring Road, St. Lawrence.
8) Winterland Eco Trail, Winterland. (3.6km). Winterland Road, Winterland.
9) Marine Hike Trail, Grand Bank. (3.5km)*. On the corner of College Street and Christian's Road, Grand Bank.
10) Nature Trail, Grand Bank. (4.5km)*. Starting from the parking lot of the Dr. S. Beckley Health Care Center, Grand Bank.
11) Horsebrook Trail, Fortune. (6.3km)*. Fortune Head Geology Center, Fortune.
12) Long Ridge Trail, Garnish. (3.6km)*. Sunset Drive, Garnish.
* For trails that are not a loop, total distance is inclusive of walking both directions.
For additional information on trails and conditions, please visit the respective municipal website.